Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Purple Finger

Yes, I've voted and became part of the first automated election in the country. With all the advocacy campaign running around urging the youth to participate in elections, the purple mark on my finger feels like no ordinary mark. Idealistic as it may sounds but for me, it represents the hopes and dreams I have for my motherland.

To those officials whom I have voted for and won, bear in mind that I'll be watching you.

More May 10 pics.
P.S. Oh, and I have to commend the wonderful people from the precinct where I voted. It just took us some 10-20 minutes to line up, look for our numbers, get a ballot, and vote. It's way way better than from what I've been hearing from my friends; they wasted hours and hours lining up just to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment